Caffeine Calculator - Dr. Ismail Healthcare Group
We Provide Best Healthcare For Your Family in Dubai
- Affordable High-quality Healthcare Services
- 30+ Years of Experience
- No Appointment Required! Walk-ins Only
Get Access To All Our Health Calculators
How much caffeine should I have a day?
- Adults: the maximum daily dose shouldn’t exceed 400 mg. It is equivalent to three large mugs of filter coffee – if you drink more than that, it can have a negative influence on your health.
- Teenagers (aged 13-18): as the teenagers’ bodies are still developing, they should limit their caffeine intake to about 100 mg a day. It corresponds to one large mug of coffee or two shots of espresso.
- Children (below 13): small children should avoid caffeine in general. It is not advisable to provide them with substantial amounts of coffee.
- Pregnant women: the maximum recommended caffeine limit in case of pregnancy is 200 mg per day.