Ibuprofen Dosage Calculator - Dr. Ismail Healthcare Group
We Provide Best Healthcare For Your Family in Dubai
- Affordable High-quality Healthcare Services
- 30+ Years of Experience
- No Appointment Required! Walk-ins Only
Get Access To All Our Health Calculators
Ibuprofen dosage for kids
The regularly prescribed dosage of ibuprofen for kids is 10 mg per 1 kg of body weight. It can be administered every 6 to 8 hours. You can use the ibuprofen calculator to calculate what is the one-time dose for your child. The meaning of each variable is described in detail below.
- Drug amount/body weight is the prescribed amount of drug in mg per kg of body weight – in this case, 10 mg per kg.
- Child’s weight is self-explanatory – the body mass of the child.
- Ibuprofen amount is the one-time dose of medication the child needs to take.
- Solution strength is the concentration of ibuprofen in the solution, expressed as mg per ml. You should find that information on the bottle.
- Solution amount is the final volume of ibuprofen solution that is equivalent to one-time dose for your child.